1/26/2009

Snow & House update.

Snow has finally come to Cincy. It's about time that it came. Cold weather is just no fun without the fluffy white stuff. So tonight I will be repacking my daily bag with snow gear. What ever gets dumped on us, I will make sure I can get home to my family :). It just may take me a while to walk there. I already carry a GPS in my bag, but will add an emergency lantern and have my snow boots handy. I just hope that my hiking pole is at the apartment, and not at the house.

I love winter and cold weather (really, I am not being sarcastic).


Speaking of the house, I went up the 16th to check on it, and to hopefully get some more of the floor done. When I got up there on the 16th, it was -22 degrees F (-30 C, for our metric friends :)). Air temperature, not counting wind chill. Moisture in the car was freezing to the inside of the windows. I had the heat set at 68 inside the car, so it was 90 degrees colder outside then inside. Thankfully, the house was just fine. Not even a frozen pipe, much less a burst one. We even had another couple go through on the 17th. They seemed genuinely interested, so hopefully they will want to go through again next time I am up there. I couldn't work on the floor because at 19 degrees the on the 17th, it was still too cold to get out the saws and be going into and out of the house all day, so I headed home to Rachel and the boys a day early. And of course, got a call about someone wanting to look at the house on the 18th. But he said that he can wait till I am up there again. It will be the second time for this guy (well first for him, but his dad and uncle went through a few weeks ago).

Well, more info to follow later. Need to do a write up of this last weekend too.

No comments: