What a weekend!

Friday night Rachel and I met my parents at exit 99 on I-75 and had dinner, then switched cars, with my parents taking our car and the boys to their house, and Rachel and I taking their car to our Minster house. Rachel and I worked on the House for about an hour before the guys showed up to look at the house at 8:50 PM. They walked through and said they may be interested. So hopefully something comes of that. We finished up rearrainging things and stopped by the neighbors to say hi, then headed back to my parents house, arriving around 11:45PM.

Saturday, Dad, my brother BJ and I met my brother-in-law in Lima and went to the fair grounds to a show. We were able to sell one of the two items that we brought, and I was able to pick up the parts I needed :).

I left from the show straight back to Minster for the second showing at 1:00. The young couple (late 20's) had brought both of her parents, and his dad. They walked through the house, and asked a few questions, but I got the feeling that this just wasn't the house they were looking for. I will probably call them in a few weeks, and see if they are still interested, but who knows.

After the showing, my brother showed up and I helped him load one of the old TV's into his car. Then I headed back to my parents.

We used Netflix instant to watch National Treasure 2, which we had already seen, but my parents hadn't. It was an enjoyable evening.

Sunday morning, we got up, got the car loaded and headed out. The plan was for all of us to drive to Cincy and attend church with my grandparents, and then head to their house for Christmas. Grandpa was sick at Christmas, so we had to postpone till now. Well, Rachel and I had Chloe (our dog) with us, so we left early to swing by our apartment to drop off the dog and other bags. My parents would head down about 45 minutes later. Ahh, the Plan.

Right after we past 275 heading south on I-75, my phone rings. My parents car has broken down on the highway near exit 74. So I drop off my wife and kids, and unload the car at the apartment, and head back north. By the time I got up there, the tow truck had come and taken my parents to a Bob Evans just south of where they had broken down. I picked my parents up and dropped them off at the Dayton airport so they could get a rental car, and then headed back down to pick up Rachel and the boys. We ended up having a good visit with Grandma and Grandpa anyways.

Ahh, what a weekend :).

1 comment:

cdwalker247 said...

Sounds really eventful. I hope that the house sells soon.